Welcome to The Demystified Vine! I am so happy you are here.
My goal for this website is to unlock the mystery of the wine world! For so many, the wine world is a confusing place. As such, I hope that this blog will unleash not only a new understanding about wine and all its beauty, but also allow more appreciation to grow for those who are curious.
I have been a Wine Enthusiast for many years, and am a huge supporter of the wines of British Columbia. Currently, I hold the WSET Advanced Certificate. I have been involved in the wine industry in a number of ways including:
- working for a local winery out of the Similkameen Valley in British Columbia
- working for a Vancouver wine merchant
- having been on the Executive team of the British Columbia Wine Appreciation Society
- traveling on scholarship to Santa Barbara, California for a wine bloggers conference
- supporting local events on television
- attending various wine events with media accreditation
My goals are simple. I want to write about wine and the industry. I want to foster positive relationships with wineries (especially in British Columbia; BC viticulture is so fascinating!) to help enhance their clientele’s experiences of their products. It is also a goal of mine to teach WSET and ISG certification courses using my B.Ed. background.
I hope you enjoy my witty and educationally fun posts, and please, feel free to leave a comment or email me at email@example.com! You can also follow me on Twitter @DemystifiedVine, Instagram (demystifiedvine) or like The Demystified Vine on Facebook. I would love to engage with you.
Current book: Mindfulness for Beginners
Current favorite past-time: Working on my commissioned abstract piece of art
Currently looking for: time
Current favorite wine: I recently fell in love with Condrieu.
Please enjoy all alcoholic beverages responsibly!