Happy New Year everyone! Twenty-twelve came and went; it mimicked the blink of an eye! It was as though 2012 was on a bullet train. I’m glad that I had the opportunity to try some wonderful and not-so-wonderful wines throughout the course of last year.
I am also happy to announce that my domain name is now http://demystifiedvine.com!
For those of you who know me well, I don’t particularly take well to these point-schemes that try to “grade” wine on a 100 point scale. Before you jump on that, let me just say that I understand that there are really good wines in the world. I also understand that there are places in the world that make wines exceptionally well. Awesome. Please share! [Insert grin here.] That being said, I also support and wholeheartedly believe that a wine experience is individualized. I may think that Yellow Tail is plonk, but that is not to stop Johnny-boy from enjoying a glass. Good on him. More of the better stuff for me! [Wink!] If Yellow Tail can bring you pleasure, Johnny, you can skip over the Mazoyeres Chambertin Grand Cru; I’ll take your portion.
On that note, and all joking aside, below you will find a listing of some of the most memorable wines I drank during 2012. Feel free to shoot me an e-mail at email@example.com if you have any questions about any of them.
Disclaimer: These wines are NOT, I repeat NOT, listed in ascending or descending order. They were all just really good wines with really good things happening in those bottles.
- 2010 Massolino Dolcetto d’Alba, Italy
- 2010 St. Hubertus Rose Frizzante, Canada
- 2011 Clos du Soleil Fume Blanc, Canada
- 2010 Tawse Vineyards Sketches Riesling, Canada
- 2001 Anciano Gran Reserva Tempranillo, Spain
- 2009 Domaine des Relagnes Pierre Troupel Chateauneuf du Pape, France
- 2011 Gray Monk Ehrenfelser, Canada
- 2011 Vineland Estates Cabernet Franc, Canada
- 2008 The View Pinotage, Canada
- 2001 Chateau de Serame Corbieres, France
- 1998 Domaine Henri Perrot-Minot Mazoyeres Chambertin Grand Cru Red Burgundy, France
- 2010 Karma Vineyards Griesling, United States
Wishing you and yours a most successful, prosperous, and kind 2013. May all of your wine dreams come true!